With the end of our Texas Summer nearing, getting ready for Fall has never sounded so good! Which is why Lillian has partnered with Town Square Title, for the month of September, and we are giving away a $250.00 gift card to the Lillian Custom Home owner with the most festive fall décor. For More information on this giveaway: Fall In Love With Lillian
Even though we can all agree a decorated house is one of the best seasonal features, we wanted to share some tips on how to start getting your home ready for late autumn & early winter.
- Check your windows & doors- these home elements can often be the culprits behind home drafts and air leaks, especially after your home has had time to settle into its new foundation. By ensuring that these areas are sealed- you can help save your pockets extra money from your heat escaping your home.
- Clean your gutters and inspect your roof- with tornado season & our rainy season behind us, now would be a great time to make sure that your gutters are clean of debris and your shingles survived another season. Clogged gutters pose a risk for improper drainage and also increase fire risks!
- Fertilize your lawn- now is the perfect time to take advantage of getting your lawn, flower beds, and bushes cleaned back up after the neglect the summer heat has caused. You have a couple months to bring your yard back to life and get it ready for all the good things spring will bring.
- Check your alarms- sometimes our Texas winters can cause rolling blackouts or flashes of power loss. Now would be a good time to make sure your batteries are replaced in your smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, security panels, and flashlights.
- Lastly, stock pile the firewood- Firewood is a great back up plan for anytime there is no power, but it also is great for a night of cozying up by the fire on a cold winter night. You can save money by starting to prepare your stock pile a few months in advance before the demand of firewood is even higher!
Lillian Custom Homes prides themselves in building homes that help prepare you for any season Texas throws at you, on any given day! We build our homes with spray foam insulation, that helps create an air-tight seal, insulating your home even more. We offer gutters, STANDARD, on every one of our new homes and we ensure that our homes have a sprinkler system to help give your lawn life, all year around. Lastly, we build our homes with a smart home automation system- so when you need to turn the temperature up in your home, a degree or two, do it from the comfort of your nice cozy bed!